Friday, December 23, 2011

This is not a poem.... It's a year

A whole year is a long time
Yes, it is a VERY long time
and yet it can pass us by
as quickly as a shooting star

I try so hard to remember
what I was like a year ago
what type of things did I say
What things did I think of

Would I want to go back
I ask myself again and again
back to the place where I wasn't writing
to the place where I was lost in my own foot steps

I look back and see all of the things
the things that I had to overcome
I don't feel bad for myself though
I'm glad I had those things to climb over

Yes, those things gave me bruises
they made me sad
they made me cry
and they left me sometimes with no hope

But they also made me strong
they made me great full
They made me a better person
they made me a happier me

It's almost funny how bad things
Things that are hard and tough
In the end turn out to be
the good things that you will look back to and love

I've been through a lot this year
some good times and some bad
but in the end
I've grown up this year

and now I wave goodbye
Good bye to a hard year
good bye to a magical year
good bye to MY year.

No comments:

Post a Comment